PLACES TO RETIRE
Looking for a place to retire? RetireUSA editors will share some key information here from more than 6,000 pages of information from the RetireUSA website.
- BEST AND WORST STATES FOR RETIREMENT RETIREMENT – MARK DENNETT (RETIREUSA EDITOR) – With 31 percent of all nonretired adults having no retirement savings or pension because many simply cannot afford to contribute to any type of plan, the personal-finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis identifying 2017’s Best & Worst States to Retire. To help retirees find a retirement- and ... more
- NEW KID ON THE ASSISTED LIVING BLOCK RETIREMENT COACHING – DEBBIE DRINKARD GROVUM – “Honey, this just isn’t working for me. I don’t think I can stay here.” Some version of this welcome greeted me each time I walked into my mom’s room in her new assisted living facility.
We would talk about what was and was not working for her and after ... more
- CITY SPOTLIGHT-SAN LUIS OBISPO, CALIFORNIA Places To Retire- Karen, Marty, Mark and Joe- San Luis Obispo, California
Retirement in a charming California town of 43,000 like San Luis Obispo (SLO) can be a refreshing change from the hustle and bustle of city life. San Luis Obispo has been named the “Happiest Town in America” due to a National Geographic book as well as ... more
- CITY SPOTLIGHT-AUSTIN,TEXAS Places to Retire – KAREN, MARTY, MARK AND JOE– We want to thank Ashley and Will at the Austin Chamber, www.austinchamber.com for the following information. Austin, a city of about 800,000 residents, offers a variety of unique and exciting experiences for active retirees. Those who enjoy outdoor activities will appreciate its sunny year-round climate and mild ... more
- CITY SPOTLIGHT- COEUR d’ALENE, IDAHO RetireUSA is proud to launch a new blog feature called “City Spotlight” which will focus on cities that are particularly attractive as retirement destinations. Our first city is Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, known in its abbreviated form as “CDA”. We want to thank Katherine and Sarah at the CDA Visitor Center (www.CoeurdAlene.org) for helping us gather up ... more
- FEAR FACTOR RETIREMENT COACHING – DEBBIE DRINKARD GROVUM– Just two days after writing about peacefully co-existing with the Florida critters, I had a close encounter of the scary kind, getting way too close to a four-foot diamondback rattle snake. Walking toward my golf ball, I saw my partner waving her arms and shrieking, unable to say the ... more
- LIVING WHOLEHEARTEDLY RETIREMENT COACHING – DEBBIE DRINKARD GROVUM-During dinner one night friends shared their favorite “scary Florida critter” encounters. Stories about snakes (poisonous and not) in beds, dryers, driveways and pools and alligators in garages, pools and under backyard trampolines were flying around the table. I shared my encounters with a rattlesnake on the golf cart path ... more
- FINDING YOUR PERSONAL VORTEX RETIREMENT COACHING- DEBBIE DRINKARD GROVUM-Of all my great memories from a trip to Sedona, AZ, one of my favorites is learning about vortexes. A vortex is a place of concentrated energy which interacts with a person’s inner self. These special places in Sedona are believed to facilitate prayer, meditation and healing. Tour companies take people ... more
- SILVER AND GOLD RETIREMENT COACHING – DEBBIE DRINKARD GROVUM – Boxes are packed, the moving truck is scheduled and soon we will be leaving Minnesota for our new home in Florida. Calling it our “new” home is not exactly accurate because we have spent time in our vacation home there for the past eight years. But now Florida ... more
- ON BEING A GRANDPARENT HOUSING OPTIONS – ELLEE CELLER, REALTOR– Visiting the grandkids can be exciting and exhausting! Never expected to be a “horse” for a three year old at my “certain age”, but, by golly, I can still do it! So why not celebrate? I will repledge my commitment to the gym, eat right and remember: they are ... more